jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: can't Import a system view using ImportXML
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:29:20 GMT
no jcr:root is not protected, just some nodes in the jcr:system:

[rep:system]
  orderable
  + jcr:versionStorage (rep:versionStorage) = rep:versionStorage
mandatory protected abort
  + jcr:nodeTypes (rep:nodeTypes) = rep:nodeTypes mandatory protected abort
  + * (nt:base) = nt:unstructured multiple ignore

regards, toby

On 8/9/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand but isn't jcr:root protected? We won't change the UUID as
> specified in the spec.
>
> Another issue: the pseudo-code you have written earlier should be in
> WorkspaceImporter? Am I correct?
>
> BR
> Nico
> my blog! http://www.deviant-abstraction.net !!
>
> On 8/9/06, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 8/9/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What would happen to jcr:system if we delete jcr:root and then replace
> > it?
> >
> > I think the best way to implement the REPLACE_EXISTING support is not
> > to actually "replace" the node, but to remove all unprotected
> > properties and child nodes, and to then recreate the properties and
> > child nodes from the import XML. Since protected child nodes won't be
> > affected, jcr:system will not be overridden.
> >
> > BR,
> >
> > Jukka Zitting
> >
> > --
> > Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - info@yukatan.fi
> > Software craftsmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97