jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Issue when restoring the Node version history
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 08:51:18 GMT
> Hi Tobias,
>
> The issue I have is nothing allow
>
> It's really simpler for me to update all protected nodes, restore the
> version history and then switch back to the protection. However to do so, I
> don't see any other option than adding a method reregisterBuiltIn in the
> NodeTypeManager... I am not sure if it's a wise decision. Besides when I
> try  commenting those check, the import is false. I think some reference are
> out of date...
>
> So unless you have a better idea, I have to implement an importXML method
> for the Versioning. This method will have to be in core and would import any
> /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage of Jackrabbit.
>
> What do you think of this solution? Do you have a better idea?
i would write an own org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.Importer that does
not check the protected states, and then use this one for the version
workspace. i would even setup an own fake workspace for the version
storage and not go via the normal one.

regards, toby
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97