jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbits own FileSystem and unit tests
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:39:27 GMT
Hi,

On 8/31/06, Christoph Kiehl <kiehl@subshell.com> wrote:
> Hm, I think all these folders & files:
> [...]
> could be created using jr's FileSystem.

Sounds good to me. I assume the main performance problem with Lucene
is with the Lucene Directories and not with the extra files written by
the search index.

> The only problem I see is with the ".lock" file. This file requires FileSystem
> to implement a proper mechanism to create lock files. But this could be done.

The .lock mechanism in RepositoryImpl is currently totally independent
of all the other functionality of that class, so I'd actually like to
refactor locking to a separate decorator class (or something) like
LockRepository that could work a bit like TransientRepository using a
RepositoryFactory to instantiate the underlying RepositoryImpl once
the lock on the file has been acquired.

An in-memory repository instance could just use RepositoryImpl
directly without worrying about the lock file, since there is by
definition no chance of concurrent access.

BR,

Jukka Zitting