jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reregistering Nodetypes
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:10:01 GMT
Hi,

On 8/18/06, Christoph Kiehl <kiehl@subshell.com> wrote:
> currently there are only API methods to register new nodetypes but not to modify
> aka reregister nodetypes. I would like to add the following methods to
> JackrabbitNodeTypeManager:

The current reregister functionality is quite limited in the kinds of
node type modifications it can do, and there's also been some concern
on how node type modifications relate to content consistency. One of
the JSR 283 goals is to specify a node type management API and our
plan is to implement that API once it's public.

Thus at least I am a bit reluctant on publishing any more of the
current node type management functionality in the o.a.j.api
interfaces, i.e. I wouldn't want to commit to maintaining backwards
compatibility for them, especially since the current functionality is
too limited for many common use cases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting