jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a method to PropInfos
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:06:36 GMT
Hi,

On 8/15/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a backup and restore tool for Jackrabbit. It's why I need to
> escape all checks since I am writing protected node (for this reason).

Could you elaborate on the details, i.e. why you chose the system view
XML format for the backup, why you can't use the standard import
functionality for restoring the backups, what alternatives have you
looked at, what you think is the best solution, and why you need
changes to Jackrabbit core to implement that?  That would give people
more background on why you want to modify PropInfo. Just saying that
it's needed for the restore tool and that you need to write a
protected node doesn't explain the reasoning behind this requirement.
:-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting