jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Some ideas to a function.
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 07:09:32 GMT
a common approach to this problem is to create an MD5 of the binary
data and store it with the resource. when a new resource is added to
the repository it could then search the repository for the MD5 of the
resource to add. if it already exists in the repository it could then
simply create a reference to the existing resource.

searching for binary properties is not specified in jsr 170 and there
is also no such support in jackrabbit.

regards
  marcel

hsp wrote:
> Hello;
> I'm in need to do a search by documents (like nt:file) that are duplicated in the workspace.
> I tought to compare the jcr:data in first.
> But I would to get some ideas from any of you because I don't mind from where begin the
query to do such function. Any suggestions? Is it possible in a simple way?