jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Dreamweaver to jackrabbit
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:58:42 GMT
elangodi kalaimani schrieb:
> Hi ,
>   This is with regard to a problem faced while trying to checkin/check out files from
Dreamweaver 8.0 to jackrabbit 1.0.1.

>   After analyzing the http conversation, I found the following things happening,
>
>   - The mix:versionable property and the jcr:isCheckedOut property, which are very vital
for the versioning and checkin/checkout operations are not getting set on a node, while creating
it and putting it in to the jackrabbit repository.

>   -Basically these properties are set while saving a new node.But these are not set on
initializing the DavResource properties.Why is this not getting initialized, On WebDAV request
are these properties set?

>   -Dreamweaver does not make a call directly to doCheckin() or the doCheckout() mathods.The
request method is only PROPFIND, GET,LOCK, PUT, OPTIONS, MKCOL etc. How to make jackrabbit
cater to the checkin/checkout operations with only the above mentioned request methods.

OK,

I did some traces with an eval version of Dreamweaver, Jackrabbit and
another WebDAV server.

First of all, what Dreamweaver calls "checkin/checkout" is locking,
nothing more.

That being said, the implementation of locking seems to be very weird
(as with all Adobe products, as far as I can recall).

After sending a LOCK request, it doesn't simply take the lock token, but
does a PROPFIND request of DAV:activelock to retrieve it. That seems to
fail with Jackrabbit as it doesn't preserve what was sent as DAV:owner,
contrary to
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-15.html#rfc.section.9.10.1>.

Best regards, Julian