jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: GetPropertyNamesTest.testGetPropertyNames
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:32:14 GMT
Julian Reschke schrieb:
> Marcel Reutegger schrieb:
>>> 1) Why nt:base? What if "/" has a type with more properties?
>>
>> If the element test is absent the type constraint defaults to the one
>> that includes all node types: nt:base
>
> OK, makes sense, but maybe this could be clarified somewhere in the spec.

OK,

I just re-read JSR170, "Section 6.6.3.2 Type Constraint", and it doesn't
mention a default constraint. On the other hand, I do agree that always
having that constraint, and defaulting it to nt:base makes sense.

However, I really think the specs needs to state this. Should I open a
ticket?

Best regards, Julian