jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Scalability of UUID 2 Path resolving
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:39:39 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> On 8/11/06, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I tried to figure out how Jackrabbit does the UUID 2 Path resolving and
>> also wanted to ask if someone
>> here can share his/her experience re scalability re UUID 2 Path
>> resolving.
>>
>> I was wondering what will happen if one let's say has a million
>> "documents" with a deep hierarchy and starts to
>> rename a path just below the root, e.g.  /home/michi/.... to
>> /home/michael ....
>

> that would be a very lean operation. paths are built dynamically in
> jackrabbit,
> using a tree-based cache for better performance. the move would just
> flush the relevant subtree from the path cache.

does that mean Jackrabbit keeps a table with a mapping between subtree
(name) and uuid and also its parent
and hence is able to build the path dynamically, right?

Are there any known problems associated with this method? What if one
wants to link from different paths
to the same UUID (and the resolving wouldn't be unique)?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner