jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.TestAll against L1 repository?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:14:39 GMT
Julian Reschke wrote:
> as far as I understand, the TCK is supposed to run against an L1 (==
> read only) repository. For instance, the property tests certainly try to
> find testable properties without having to create them...
>
> Now, AbstractJCRTest.cleanUpTestRoot fails due to
> UnsupportedOperationExceptions over here. Shouldn't the whole method
> only excute when isSupported(LEVEL2)? Or am I missing a parameter to set
> to keep the tests from trying to do the write accesses?

All Level 1 tests should set the isReadOnly in their setUp() method
before super.setUp() is called. E.g. AbstractPropertyTest does this:

         isReadOnly = true;
         super.setUp();
	[...]

This will have the effect that only level 2 tests call cleanUpTestRoot
in setUp() or tearDown().

When you run the TCK on a repository implementation all tests will be
executed. On a level 1 repository even the level 2 tests will be
executed but most certainly fail. This does not have an effect on the
level 1 compliance.

regards
  marcel