jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Bobby <dvbob...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSR170 for Source code Version control system
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:55:32 GMT
Hi,

Here is a suggestion.

Jackrabbit is great tool to hold repositories. Node
types are a great way to extend the basic concepts of
jackrabbit.

What if we all worked on this implementation where
jackrabbit could be used to implement an actual
feature. Two examples that I have seen here are the
email storage and the source control repository.

There are some extensions that are required here, but
for the n00b like me, this seems too much to
understand. If we could have a simple tutorial with
the app created that could be downloaded. This would
be a lotttt of help to understand jackrabbit and hence
jsr-170. There are no actual implementations of
jackrabbit that we have seen out there. I see
jackrabbit as kinda-like tomcat. Tomcat by itself is
of no use, but when you put webapps on top of it, it
is amazing.

My 2c.

Thanks.

Dave/