jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Re: error in node.save() don't cancel child added node
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:39:12 GMT
El jue, 03-08-2006 a las 20:35 +0200, Thomas Scheffler escribió:
> Am Donnerstag, 3. August 2006 20:24 schrieb Paco Avila:
> > El jue, 03-08-2006 a las 20:16 +0200, Tobias Bocanegra escribió:
> > > if the save fails, no item is persisted and the node remains in the
> > > transient space of his session.
> >
> > ok, the others users can't see this node, but the "adder" user can. How
> > do I elimnate this node from the "adder" user session? If the node can't
> > be added because of lack of privileges it shold be automatically removed
> > from transiente space?
>
> This would be like clearing your whole word document if you don't have
> necessary write permissions on FIRST save attempt to a directory. Nobody
> really want to have this "feature"!
> If you can not save your node you maybe want to try to save it as child of
> another node or discard it manually.

If I can't add a child document node (parent.addNode()) and fails how
can I save on another node? I don't think that this failed child noche
have to be in my session. If its insertion fails, nothing should be
done. If I do a SQL INSERT and fails, the failed inserted row is not in
my sql session.
--
Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>