jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Restore Operations
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:21:18 GMT
Hi,

Since the backup is working, I have started implementing the restore
operation. I would like to gather your suggestions on this functionnality.

For now, I see two use cases. Do you see yourself in those two UC? Or only
in one of them (which one please)? Do you see any other UC?

1/ I want to restart my repository and everything's associated with it. I
don't want to keep anything from the current installation.

2/ I want to restore some specific subset of the repository. For instance,
only the NodeTypes. I have a few questions on this UC:

- Would we need to restore only a few worspaces or would we restore them
all?

- I would prefer to delete first what is there (for instance all NodeTypes)
and then load what is inside the backup. Wouldn't this raise consistance
issue (if I delete the NodeType, whart about the Nodes having this type?)?
Wouldn't it be preferable to simply add the content of the backup? (The best
is of course to implement it both way, but I don't think I will have enough
time to make it so).

- Isn't this already achieved with the Version History?

I know we have discussed already a little bit those questions, but I think
it worths spending again a little bit of time on it again.

a+
Nico