jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Backupping all workspaces automatically?
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:23:41 GMT
Hi,

I am finishing to parse the configuration XML file for the backup tool.
Right now, things are organized this way:

...XML before
<Ressources>

    <Resource name="node version histories" savingClass="FQN backup class"/>
    <Resource name="namespace" savingClass="FQN backup class"/>

...XML after

As you can see, each resource you want to backup have to be specified as a
resource and you need to call the specific backup class. For now, there is
no need to add any additional parameters in the file if we automatically
backup all workspace (the wisest solution I think)

For instance you could want:

<Resource name="custom node type" savingClass="FQN backup class">
       <!-- the resource class is fetching those parameters if needed.
For now, only one needs it -->
       <param name="param1" value="1" />
    </Resource>

If I do so, it complexifies, the BackupConfigurationParser and it is not
needed for now if we automatically backup all workspaces. I propose so, to
implement only a resource tag with no parameter except savingClass.

Do you agree? Do you see any use case where this could be needed please?

Thanks
Nico