jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Custom ClassLoader for BeanConfig
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:55:05 GMT
Hi

> Hi,
>
> On 7/28/06, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hence, I thought that making the class loader to use by the BeanConfig
> > class configurable by extending the class with these methods:
>
> It seems a bit kludgy.

I completely agree. This is just the simplest solution I could come up
with to somehow cope with the class loading issues ...

> I'd like to reiterate my earlier idea of
> replacing the entire config package in Jackrabbit with an IoC
> mechanism.

Again, I agree. This would certainly be helpfull to my issue. But
since - as far as I remember - there was not a very strong momentum in
going that way at that time, it would be interesting to hear, what the
people think today.

But then, completely redoing the config stuff right now is quite heavy
and we might also be confronted with backwards compatibility issues

Any thoughts in IoC direction ?

Regards
Felix