jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Sten R. Sandvik" <...@enonic.com>
Subject Alternative JSR 170 implementation?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:07:15 GMT

Hi all.

I must first say that Jackrabbit and JSR 170 is sure fun to work with.
But my professional experience so far is that Jackrabbit is not really
suited for large scale applications. Two features that the enterprise
market needs is clustering and online-backup support. I am therefore
polling the crowd for the use of another open-source project that has
the following main "features":

(1)     Level 1 and 2 compliant. Optional features to be added when
level 1 and 2 is fully compliant.

(2)     SQL-only data store. To simplify the implementation, Hibernate
or JPOX could be used. This takes care of online-backup, trasaction
support and clustering of datastore.

(3)     Transaction aware caching. Plugin support (ehcache, oscache and
tangosol).

(4)     Easy to configure with spring, especially spring 2.0.

Is such an implementation needed? Anyone want to begin to work on such a
project? Any other open-source implementations out there that supports
clustering?

Regards,

Sten Roger Sandvik