jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Owen" <Rob.O...@sas.com>
Subject RE: SPI contribution to Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:19:00 GMT
Yes, we would be very interested in this too.
Cheers,
Rob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@day.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:38 AM
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: SPI contribution to Jackrabbit

hi

in JSR-283 internal discussion it has been decided, that the issue covering a service provider
interface (SPI) should rather not be part of the follow-up specification.

this offers the possibility to open the discussion for a broader audience and the expert group
agreed on contributing the existing efforts to Jackrabbit, if this would be generally accepted.

marcel and myself started with a jcr-to-spi project and added a spi-to-dav layer in order
to be able to study the feasibility of the basic concept.

this is still far from being completed, but if there is some interest, we would start with
a contribution.
more details, aims of an SPI will follow. we just need some time to clean up the work done
so far (license header, project files, ....)

angela