jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding NodeType
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:22:00 GMT
On 7/10/06, Tomek Dabrowski <tomasz.dabrowski@cognifide.com> wrote:
> > I'm a newbie, and i make a client, which must access to the jackrabbit repository
server by rmi. I must add different NodeTypes (myapp:name for example) and i don't know how
to.
> > I tried to use the "NodeTypeManagerImpl" class, but it didn't function with RMI
protocol.
> > May be, can i add directly this NodeTypes in the Repository server, but where?
> >
> > Can anyone help me on this?
> As far as I know there is no way to add new node type by calling some method.

you're wrong, see e.g.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/5929/focus=5978
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/2314/focus=2375

> You need to modifying corresponding files. You can find definition of node
> types in file nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml. Please note, that you need to
> register namespace too (myapp:). You can do this by modifying file
> namespace/ns_reg.properties

sure, you can do that but do it on your own risk. you can easily corrupt
the entire repository by messing with custom_nodetypes.xml & ns_reg.properties.
i'd certainly not recommend it unless you know *exactly* what you're doing;
and don't count on help if you break things...

cheers
stefan