jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Re-using the query parsers outside Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:35:53 GMT
regarding the jcr name constants in QName:

i would loved to move them out of the QName class to some interfaces:
- JSR170Names for names defined by jsr170
- (JSR283Names for names defined by jsr283)
- JRNames for names used internally by jackrabbit, like rep:system
- XPathNames for the names in the xpath query builder

we can still have QName implement some of the interfaces for backward
compatibility.

what do you think?
regards, toby

On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.xpath.XPathQueryBuilder has a
> >> dependency on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager, for the sole
> >> purpose of importing to constants for namespace URIs. Would it be
> >> possible to get rid of that dependency?
> >
> > I don't see any reason not to, though it would be nice to avoid
> > duplicating the constants. Putting the constants to QName sounds
> > reasonable. Would you like to contribute a patch for that?
>
> QName would be ok for me but may be non-optimal for other use cases. But
> as long as nobody complains, QName is fine.
>
> > PS. A related issue, we should perhaps update the XPath function
> > namespace from the draft namespace
> > http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions we currently use to the
> > official XPath 2.0 function namespace
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions. I'm not sure if there will be
> > backwards compatibility implications in doing this.
>
> As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect JCR compliance (the string
> doesn't appear in the spec). So that change would affect people who
> overwrite the internal "fn" prefix mapping? That may be a problem; not
> sure how big. Maybe just try it in the development branch first?
>
> Best regards, Julian

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97