jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Transaction control over RMI
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:52:56 GMT
transactions are implizitely handled by the transaction monitor of the
host, your repository is running (e.g. appserver). i don't know, how
the RMI use-case is normally dealed with in other applications, but i
would assume, that this somehow should work transparently. i.e. the
RMI client resources should participate in the JTA transactions and
marchal them to the server.
but i don't know, if this already works like this.

regards, toby

On 7/22/06, Jaka Jaksic <jaka.jaksic@telemach.net> wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I may have overlooked something, but I don't see a way to control repository
> transactions over RMI. I would like to explicitly begin and commit
> transactions from the client side, but the RMI package only covers the basic
> (transactionless) Session interface. Is there a plan to create RMI classes
> for XASession as well, or is there some other way to control transactios
> over RMI?
>
> Regards,
> Jaka

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97