jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Backup Tool batch of questions
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:19:08 GMT
> Can you please confirm me the visibility of the Namespaces. To me, it is the
> whole repository. Is it correct? I will post its backup class soon.
what exaclty do you meen? there is a global namespace registry. but
the namespaces can be locally (per session) remapped. for your
application, you don't need to deal with the local namespaces. but you
must of course export them. i suggest to include the mappings in the
namespace registry in your backup.

> I can't find a way to use NIO with java.util.zip. I will probably use nio on
> some parts but mostly io unless someone can tell me how to use nio with zip.
> Any ideas please?
apparently this is an old issue:

i guess, that the parsing overhead when restoring the repository is
way bigger than the i/o speed improvement you'll get from nio. but
maybe i'm wrong. you still can use nio in the more general layers of
you app. the persistence part can still deal with details of how to
write it to disk.

regards, toby
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97