jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where are stored Credentials?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:02:26 GMT
Hi,

On 7/28/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am wondering where are stored the credentials. For now, I didn't backup
> login and password. Should I? If so how?

Jackrabbit uses Java Authentication and Authorization Services (JAAS)
and the AccessManager interface for authentication and access control.
The default implementation included in Jackrabbit simply gives access
to any username/password combination.

In a normal deployment the user accounts would be stored in an
external LDAP directory or another "realm" implementation of a J2EE
container, so they'd be external to the repository itself. The
configured AccessManager could either use ACLs or similar
authorization information within the repository itself, or in some
external store. If such information needs to be backed up/restored,
then that would be best handled with a custom extension to your backup
framework.

So, to answer your question: No, you don't need to worry about that as
long as you backup the repository configuration and provide an
extension mechanism for a custom AccessManager to backup itself.

BR,

Jukka Zitting