jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom ClassLoader for BeanConfig
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:56:30 GMT
Hi,

On 7/28/06, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hence, I thought that making the class loader to use by the BeanConfig
> class configurable by extending the class with these methods:

It seems a bit kludgy. I'd like to reiterate my earlier idea of
replacing the entire config package in Jackrabbit with an IoC
mechanism. Instead of instantiating Config instances and using them to
instantiate the actual Jackrabbit components, I think it would make
for a more modular design to allow a container (OSGi?) to directly
instantiate and compose the components.

This would require a bit more refactoring work, but I really think it
would pay off in simplifying the architecture and increasing
modularity.

> A third modification concerns the RepositoryConfig class: This class
> does not currently extend the BeanConfig class. To also support this
> class loading functionality for the RepositoryConfig class, I suggest
> having this class extend BeanConfig, too. While it might not provide
> anything more than this, it would probably also not hurt, would it ?

The RepositoryConfig class is not used to instantiate the
RepositoryImpl, only to carry configuration information to an existing
RepositoryImpl instance.

BR,

Jukka Zitting