jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to know if a NodeType already exist?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:41:08 GMT
Hi,

On 7/27/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I know that a nodeType already exist? I can look for it in the list
> of all NodeTypes (but I need first to build it) or catch the exception but
> both are somewhat inelegant. Is there anothe way?

At the moment I'd use the exception:

    try {
        nodeTypeManager.getNodeType(name);
        // exists
    } catch (NoSuchNodeTypeException e) {
        // does not exist
    }

But I agree that a utility method like
NodeTypeManager.hasNodeType(String) would feel nicer for applications
that want to automatically create a node type if it doesn't yet exist.
If you like, a patch for adding such a method to
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager and NodeTypeManagerImpl would be welcome.
Alexander's use of NodeTypeRegistry.isRegistered(QName) is correct.

I'll propose such an addition to JSR 283.

BR,

Jukka Zitting