jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-using the query parsers outside Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:00:57 GMT
Hi,

On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.xpath.XPathQueryBuilder has a
> dependency on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager, for the sole
> purpose of importing to constants for namespace URIs. Would it be
> possible to get rid of that dependency?

I don't see any reason not to, though it would be nice to avoid
duplicating the constants. Putting the constants to QName sounds
reasonable. Would you like to contribute a patch for that?

PS. A related issue, we should perhaps update the XPath function
namespace from the draft namespace
http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions we currently use to the
official XPath 2.0 function namespace
http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions. I'm not sure if there will be
backwards compatibility implications in doing this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting