jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: skip test cases for known issues
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:15:31 GMT
Hi,

On 7/21/06, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> with the fix for JCR-485 I also adapted the handling of test cases
> that are known issues. The approach that I took does not require
> modification of source code of the respective test case. The check is
> implemented in a central place in JCRTestResult. Instead of using the
> issue number you have to provide the fully qualified name of the test
> case in project.properties.

That's clever! Much preferred to my approach. Some ideas for further refinement:

* Using just a class in known.issue to disable all tests in that class
* Using just a method in known.issue to disable all test methods of
that name (when the method name is unique enough)
* Using just the local non fully qualified class name in known.issues
(when the class name is unique enough)
* Support for a Maven option to selectively enable known issues
without touching project.properties, like "maven
-Dknown.issues.override=DocumentViewTest"

I can take a look at implementing these.

BR,

Jukka Zitting