jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ConfigurationParser for Backup tool
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:19:31 GMT
Hi,

On 7/12/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to modify the code of the ConfigurationParser class to handle my XML
> config file. Here is what I can do:
>
> - add a parseBackupConfig() method?
> - generify the ConfigurationParser class and extend it for backup and
> repository
> - create a new class in o.a.j.backup (with a lot of cut and paste).

I'd go for option 2 with the following inheritance structure:

   * o.a.j.core.config.ConfigurationParser
      * o.a.j.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser
      * o.a.j.backup.BackupConfigurationParser

That should allow for best reuse of the existing BeanConfig
configuration mechanism while still keeping the backup stuff outside
core for now.

BR,

Jukka Zitting