jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit site brush-up
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:32:30 GMT
hI,

On 7/7/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> i just comitted some files that makes the jackrabbit site a bit nicer.
> special thanks to michael eppelheimer, that fiddled with the css file
> and images.

Very nice!

My main concern is about ASF branding, but I couldn't find any
guidelines on that and at least to me the brushed site looks perfectly
fine from a branding perspective.

Apart from that the CSS could do with some slight tweaks, at least
definition lists (<dl>) and code samples (<pre>) look a bit confusing.
See for example the First Hops page with the new styling.

> ps: i don't know when the site is regnerated. does this happen
> automatically, or do i need to push a button?

You need to generate the site and commit it to .../jackrabbit/site.
Quoting Roy's instructions with some of my own spicing:

    $ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit
jackrabbit
    $ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site jackrabbit-site
    $ cd jackrabbit
    $ LANG=en maven site:deploy
    $ cd ../jackrabbit-site
    $ firefox index.html # check sanity
    $ svn status # svn add any new files
    $ svn commit -m 'site update'

After that the updates should get automatically deployed to the live
web site in a few hours. If you wan't to deploy them sooner, log on to
people.apache.org, and do the following:

    $ cd /www/jackrabbit.apache.org
    $ umask 002
    $ svn update

BR,