jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Planning for Jackrabbit 1.1
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 08:01:35 GMT
Hi,

As you've probably noticed, I started grooming Jira for the upcoming
1.1 release and took care of some low hanging fruits in the issue
list. I'll start working on a more detailed release plan for
Jackrabbit 1.1. I'd like to have the release out during Q3.

Please feel free to add, remove or comment on issues targeted for the
release. As of now the issue list for 1.1 in Jira should be considered
an early (and relatively optimistic) approximation.

Some highlights from the initial issue list include Maven 2.0 and
Lucene 2.0 support. I'll start working on the already contributed
(thanks, Fabrizio!) Maven 2 poms, and it would be nice if someone
could take a quick look at Lucene 2.0.

As discussed before, the 1.1 release will not contain any
backwards-incompatible changes to the exposed client interfaces (JCR
and o.a.j.api), but may contain internal changes and can require
manual upgrade procedures.

BR,

Jukka Zitting