jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: event listener not getting any events..
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:34:42 GMT
hsp wrote:
> Many thanks Marcel. I need to log out all operations in all nodes
> of certains types, to do an audit trail. So, It must log in every
> operations for all nodes affected by the session. I did the test
> for implementing SynchronousEventListener and it was ok. In this
> situation I can even do some operations such charge a value in
> properties in thes situations  (behaviour I hoped to work in
> onParentVersion=COMPUTE...), and log the audit.

I suggest you rather use a dedicated session instance which is logged
on during the complete lifetime of your application and registers an
event listener once instead of registering an event listener for each
session that modifies something in the workspace.

> By the way, about the assyncronous, for me it is not interesting,
> but could you tell me in what kind of situations this funcionallity
> would be appreciate?

Using asynchronous event notification is usually good enough for most
applications and you run less likely into a deadlock situation with
asynchronous notification. Synchronous listeners will be called while
certain jackrabbit internal locks are hold and care must be taken what
can be call from inside the listener. Therefore use asynchronous
listeners whenever possible!

regards
  marcel