jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPath query parser issue?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:44:06 GMT
Hi Julian,

Julian Reschke wrote:
> I was playing around with the QueryNode trees generated by the Xpath
> parser. What I found is that they seem to be the same for
>
> "/a/b" and "/a | /b"
>
> (confirmed by QueryParser.toString(node, "xpath", nsresolver), which in
> both cases produces "/a/b").
>
> This is a bug, right?

yes it is. there are probably a lot more tokens that are ignored while
parsing the XPath / XQuery statement. The union operator is just one
of them.

The translator should probably be enhanced to throw an exception when
it encounters an unsupported feature instead of silently ignoring it.
Similar to a unknown function call in the statement.

regards
  marcel