jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Re-using the query parsers outside Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:04:13 GMT
Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/27/06, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
>> I'm ok with putting the namespace and default prefix constants in
>> QName. But only for namespaces that are final and that's exactly the
>> problem with the xpath-functions namespace.
>
> Good point. Another alternative for breaking the dependency is simply
> to duplicate the namespace URI in the XPathQueryBuilder class until we
> are happy with putting it to jackrabbit-commons.

Yep.

Let's keep the issues separated. I'll open an issue for exactly the code
dependency problem; and I'll add a patch with copies the namespace URIs
into XPathQueryBuilder (note that this seems to be the only usage
outside SearchManager, so the constants over there could be made private
-- should I do that as well?).

Best regards, Julian