jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Re-using the query parsers outside Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:36:44 GMT
Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.xpath.XPathQueryBuilder has a
>> dependency on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager, for the sole
>> purpose of importing to constants for namespace URIs. Would it be
>> possible to get rid of that dependency?
>
> I don't see any reason not to, though it would be nice to avoid
> duplicating the constants. Putting the constants to QName sounds
> reasonable. Would you like to contribute a patch for that?

QName would be ok for me but may be non-optimal for other use cases. But
as long as nobody complains, QName is fine.

> PS. A related issue, we should perhaps update the XPath function
> namespace from the draft namespace
> http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions we currently use to the
> official XPath 2.0 function namespace
> http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions. I'm not sure if there will be
> backwards compatibility implications in doing this.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect JCR compliance (the string
doesn't appear in the spec). So that change would affect people who
overwrite the internal "fn" prefix mapping? That may be a problem; not
sure how big. Maybe just try it in the development branch first?

Best regards, Julian