jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: skip test cases for known issues
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:03:33 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> * Using just a class in known.issue to disable all tests in that class

I thought about this too, and felt that this is probably rarely
needed. I hope we will only have a couple of known issues at a time.

> * Using just a method in known.issue to disable all test methods of
> that name (when the method name is unique enough)

First I implemented it that way, but then feared that there may be
test cases with the same method name. So, I decided to use the fully
qualified name.

> * Using just the local non fully qualified class name in known.issues
> (when the class name is unique enough)

This seems to be a good compromise :) probably qualified enough to
avoid name clashes.

> * Support for a Maven option to selectively enable known issues
> without touching project.properties, like "maven
> -Dknown.issues.override=DocumentViewTest"

Not sure if this will be used a lot, but why not...

> I can take a look at implementing these.

Feel free to change the current handling of known issues!

regards
  marcel