jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject skip test cases for known issues
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:36:42 GMT
Hi,

with the fix for JCR-485 I also adapted the handling of test cases
that are known issues. The approach that I took does not require
modification of source code of the respective test case. The check is
implemented in a central place in JCRTestResult. Instead of using the
issue number you have to provide the fully qualified name of the test
case in project.properties. Currently there are two known issues
listed there:

# space separated list of test cases that are known issues and will
# not yield failures in a test run
known.issues=org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.DocumentViewTest#testMultiValue
org.apache.jackrabbit.value.BinaryValueTest#testBinaryValueEquals

Which means we currently have one test case that fails:

Testcase:
testFrozenUUID(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.version.VersionTest):	FAILED
jcr:fronzenUuid should be of type string expected:<String> but
was:<Reference>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: jcr:fronzenUuid should be of type
string expected:<String> but was:<Reference>

If you run the test cases in your IDE the test cases for known issues
will still fail because usually you will now have the system property
set to exclude them. But I guess that's ok.

regards
  marcel