jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tomek Dabrowski <tomasz.dabrow...@cognifide.com>
Subject Re: Adding NodeType
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:59:42 GMT
> I'm a newbie, and i make a client, which must access to the jackrabbit repository server
by rmi. I must add different NodeTypes (myapp:name for example) and i don't know how to.
> I tried to use the "NodeTypeManagerImpl" class, but it didn't function with RMI protocol.
> May be, can i add directly this NodeTypes in the Repository server, but where?
>
> Can anyone help me on this?
As far as I know there is no way to add new node type by calling some method.
You need to modifying corresponding files. You can find definition of node
types in file nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml. Please note, that you need to
register namespace too (myapp:). You can do this by modifying file
namespace/ns_reg.properties

Tomek

--
Tomasz Dabrowski