jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject SPI contribution to Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:38:03 GMT
hi

in JSR-283 internal discussion it has been decided, that
the issue covering a service provider interface (SPI) should
rather not be part of the follow-up specification.

this offers the possibility to open the discussion for
a broader audience and the expert group agreed on
contributing the existing efforts to Jackrabbit, if
this would be generally accepted.

marcel and myself started with a jcr-to-spi project and
added a spi-to-dav layer in order to be able to study
the feasibility of the basic concept.

this is still far from being completed, but if there
is some interest, we would start with a contribution.
more details, aims of an SPI will follow. we just need
some time to clean up the work done so far (license header,
project files, ....)

angela