jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "hsp" <piccina...@ibest.com.br>
Subject COMPUTE for onParentVersion
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:00:09 GMT
Hi;
I've searched in forum the following post:  http://www.nabble.com/OnParentVersion-meaning-in-JackRabbit---tf7772.html#a21946
"....Hi all,

I'm wondering about the meaning and the use cases of the OnParentVersion
attribute on Nodes and Properties in JackRabbit, in particular
concerning INITIALIZE and COMPUTE values.
According to the JCR spec, it may exist a "way" to dynamically set
values during versioning operations, but the spec does not say much more.

And searching in the Jackrabbit source code did not help me either...

Are these features implemented ? Can someone point me to the right ...."

The doubt is the same I have. I need to charge a property automatically in its creation, like
occurs with jcr:primaryType. I saw there is a class that does this implementation, but only
for properties known by jackrabbit.
Could I configure some properties to be charged by the same way those that are with the atribute
onParentVersion=COMPUTE ???
Its very important for me, thanks.
Hsp