jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Pecanov <peca...@mt.net.mk>
Subject Re: How to know if a NodeType already exist?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:21:46 GMT
Here is some code I use. It's been written long before 1.0, and it might
just be a more sophisticated way to do this. However it works well all
the way to the latest trunk.

Hope it helps:

//-------------- CODE BEGINS HERE --------------------------------

public boolean doesNodeTypeExist(Session session, NodeType nt)
throws Exception {

// Obtain node type manager
NodeTypeManager manager = session.getWorkspace().getNodeTypeManager();

// Replace manager with jackrabbit's implementation of it
NodeTypeManagerImpl managerImpl = (NodeTypeManagerImpl) manager;

Workspace w = session.getWorkspace();
NamespaceResolver reg = (NamespaceResolver) w.getNamespaceRegistry();

QName qname = QName.fromJCRName(nt.getName(), reg);
return managerImpl.getNodeTypeRegistry().isRegistered( qname );
}