jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Toper" <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Main Entry Point for Backup Tool
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:34:04 GMT
Hi,

I am updating the RepositoryImpl class. Here is what it looks like (below).

We have agreed on using In/OutputStream. However, now that I have advanced a
little bit in the code, it raises a problem: I cannot use nio and since it
is huge dataset, I would prefer to use it for performance issue. What do you
think?

Nicolas
    /**
     *
     * This method restores data from an InputStream.
     *
     * @param InputStream savedData: InputStream containing the backup (and
its parameters).
     * @param File workingFolder: the folder used to unzip all data.
     *
     * @throws RestoreException. Generic exception during restore operation.
     *
     * @author: Nicolas Toper <ntoper@gmail.com>
     *
     */
    public void restore(InputStream savedData, File workingFolder) throws
RestoreException {

        BackupRepository saveRepo = new BackupRepository(this, savedData,
workingFolder);
        saveRepo.restore();
    }

    /**
     *
     * This method saves from this repository to an OutputStream.
     *
     * @param outputStream out: Outputstream where the backup should be.
     * @param BackupConfig conf: BackupConfig object containing all the
parameters.
     *
     * @throws SavingException. Generic exception during saving operation.
     *
     * @author: Nicolas Toper <ntoper@gmail.com>
     *
     */
    public void save(OutputStream out, BackupConfig conf) throws
SavingException{

        conf.init(this);
        BackupRepository saveRepo = (BackupRepository) conf.getBackup();
        saveRepo.save(out, conf);
    }