jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Toper" <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject BackupTool Main Class
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:38:06 GMT
Hi,

I have started working on the code for the backup tool. I have a question
for you: there is two ways to call the save/restore methods. Either directly
from the RepositoryImpl class or from a command line tool.

I am asking myself a few questions on the CLI. I think you might have good
insights. At first, I wanted to open the repository to backup or restore
through the CLI. It would be assumed the repository/Jackrabbit is shutdown.

Then Jukka told me about JMX and that I should expose the save/restore
method of RepositoryImpl through JMX. However for now we do not support
hotbackup. It would be wiser to explicitly shutdown Jackrabbit.

What do you think?

Nicolas