jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BackupTool Main Class
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:18:46 GMT
Hi,

On 6/26/06, Nicolas Toper <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
>  About the input/outputStream: agreed. They will be FileInput/Ouput so I can
> use NIO.

The reason for using InputStream and OutputStream instead of File as
the arguments was to  not be tied into using a local operating
filesystem but generic streaming. So going that way, using
FileInputStream or FileOutputStream instead of Input/OutputStream to
have NIO is going two steps back.

Thus, I suggest to directly use an NIO interface (e.g.
WritableByteChannel and ReadableByteChannel) or be clear about it and
use the File parameter again.

Regards
Felix