jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Main Entry Point for Backup Tool
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:23:29 GMT
hi nicolas,

i share tobi's concern regarding the naming of the methods.
save and restore are used in other contexts and may cause
confusion.

some comments regarding the proposed signatures:
- i suggest both methods throw IOException and RepositoryException.
  there's no need for specific SavingException and RestoreException
  as the context is already clear.
- if the methods are goping to be on Repository we'll also need some
  sort of authentication/authorization. a Credentials parameter would
  IMO be fine. both methods should also throw AccessDeniedExcpetion.

cheers
stefan