jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: BackupTool Main Class
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:27:33 GMT
> Sorry Tobias what do you mean by "save/restore are no symmetric"?
well, they are not antonyms (at least in my understanding). maybe
store/restore is better? if they are outside of repositoryimpl, i
don't care about the naming.

> About the input/outputStream: agreed. They will be FileInput/Ouput so I can
> use NIO.
no, that would be worse. that how i imagine this:

BackupIOHandler h = new ZipFileBackupIOHandler("mybackup.zip");
h.setMaxFileSize("2gb");
repo.getBackupManager().save(h, config);

or

BackupIOHandler h = new DBBackupIOHandler("some.jdbc.uri");
h.setCredentials(....);
repo.getBackupManager().save(h, config);

[...]