jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Questions about versioning
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:45:00 GMT
hi paco,
please note, that versioning has nothing to do with locking.

> - If the user A performs a Checkout, why can user B modify and checkin?
becauses it's not locking....

> - Do the A user have to lock himself the node?
yes.

> - If the user B can modify and perform a checkin, what happends if
> meanwhile user A modify the node? In my test, the last modification
> (user A) is versioned, and the user B modification (performed before
> user A modification) is lost. Is this ok?
yes.

> So, if all these is fine I have to do something like this:
>
> -> User A lock node
> -> User A performs checkout
> -> User A modify node
> -> User A performs checkin
> -> User A unlock node
>
> isn't it?
correct.

if you don't want to use locking, you can create several workspaces
for you users. for example workspace A for user A, and workspace B for
user B:

- User A logs into workspace A
- User B logs into workspace B
- A does a checkout of Node N
- B does a checkout of Node N
- A modifies N and does checkin -> version 1.1
- B modifies N and does checkin -> version 1.0.1 (new branch, since
1.1 already exists)

hope this helps.
regards, toby

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97