jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: modifying a versionable node
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:23:38 GMT
hi paco,
once, the node is checked-in, it's read-only. if you need to modify
it, you need to do a checkout before. but, if you don't need to
checkin the node, if you don't want to.

the checkin/checkout process is the principal mechanism in versioning.
for example, you can't modify a file directly on a SVN server, you
need to do a checkout first.

regards, toby

On 6/8/06, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> I've set several nodes in my repository using mix:versionable. It is
> possible to modify a node property without doing the chekout / checkin
> process or this process is mandatory?
>
> --
> Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97