jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject JMX support
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:40:12 GMT
Hi Jukka,

> PS. I've been thinking about a generic RepositoryMBean interface and perhaps
> a specific JackrabbitRepositoryMBean
> extension for monitoring and managing a local Jackrabbit repository.
> It could be used quite easily for example for things like externally
> managing node types and the future backup utility.

sure, it would be a great addition. I would also like to have Mbeans
to optionally monitor each session (its transient ItemstateManagers,
mainly its size),the shared Itemstatemanager(cache size, writes,
reads, response times), and each Persistence Manager (writes, reads,
response times). It would help to monitor the overall performance,
find bottlenecks, prevent session leaks, eventually kill open
sessions, and so on.

btw, it would be useful not only for local repositories, AFAIK the
MBean server can manage the remoting part.

br,
edgar