jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Jbanov" <pavel.jba...@gmail.com>
Subject implementing AccessManager
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:22:30 GMT
Hi,

I've just started with Jackrabbit and currently trying to get some security
going.
I'm trying to implement my own AccessManager. I took SimpleAccessManager as
a base and following the @todo comments. I'm also going to implement (or
hopefully find) a JAAS LoginModule to work with LDAP. The way I was planning
to check access to certain Node types is store a set of groups (that have
access to that Node) as properties in those nodes and then compare those
sets with the set of Principals (of Group class).

First of all: does this approach make sense? Is there another/better
approach or built in support for basic role/group based access management?
Any examples, tutorials?

Is it possible to get access to current Session from within AccessManager?
Because I need it in order to get the list of groups from the current
Node...

Thanks for any help or comments.

Pavel