jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question reagrding JNDI datasource
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:39:34 GMT
Hi,

On 6/9/06, Giota Karadimitriou <Giota.Karadimitriou@eurodyn.com> wrote:
> Does this mean DatabasePersistenceManager closes the statements and
> creates new ones when the next store occurs like Marcel observed?

No. The Javadoc warning I mentioned is:

 * <strong>WARNING:</strong> The acquired database connection is kept
 * for the entire lifetime of the persistence manager instance. The
 * configured data source should be prepared for this.

The persistence manager still keeps the prepared statements over its
entire lifetime.

> 2) So in order to support Datasource I just have to replace
> SimpleDbPersistenceManager with DatabasePersistenceManager and
> put a <param name="dataSource" value="jdbc/JackrabbitDS"/>

The DatabasePersistenceManager is an abstract base class for both
SimpleDbPersistenceManager and JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. Use the
JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager for accessing a JNDI-bound data source.
The configuration parameter to use is:

    <param name="dataSourceLocation" value="jdbc/JackrabbitDS"/>

> 3) Can I use DatabasePersistenceManager with LocalFileSystem like with
> SimpleDBPersistenceManager?

Yes.

> 4) Something final; I just took jackrabbit 1.0.1 and these files are not
> in there. I can take them fro trunk but why they were not included in
> 1.0.1? Aren't they considered stable enough?

1.0.1 was planned to be a bug fix -only release with no new features
like the JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. The new persistence manager
will be included in the 1.1 release planned for this summer.

BR,

Jukka Zitting