jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Questions about versioning
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:29:31 GMT
I am using versioning in Jackrabbit and I have some questions. The
JSR-170 especification is not very clear for me.

Imagine I have a two users. Both are loged in the repository and
performs some actions. I have an test code that runs like this:

-> User A logs into the system
-> User B logs into the system
-> User A add a new versionable node.
-> User A performs a checkout of this document
-> User B modify this node content and performs a checkin.

This test runs ok, but I have some questions:

- If the user A performs a Checkout, why can user B modify and checkin?
- Do the A user have to lock himself the node?
- If the user B can modify and perform a checkin, what happends if
meanwhile user A modify the node? In my test, the last modification
(user A) is versioned, and the user B modification (performed before
user A modification) is lost. Is this ok?

So, if all these is fine I have to do something like this:

-> User A lock node
-> User A performs checkout
-> User A modify node
-> User A performs checkin